Clustered Woodlover

CuteMushroomsA

It’s impossible to walk even a short distance in the woods without seeing something remarkable. I’m guessing these are clustered woodlovers (Hypholoma fasciculare), also known as sulpher tuft.

As cute as they are, they aren’t edible. Evidently they are bitter and will cause vomiting, diarrhea and convulsions. The chickens somehow know this. Many of them walk by these adorable mushrooms every day, but they don’t peck at them.

CuteMushroomsB
CuteMushroomsC

This entry was posted in How Things Grow and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply